Original topic:

S10 using ridiuclous amounts of data/wifi, and not showing where its coming from.

(Topic created on: 01-25-2020 07:41 PM)
Kevintuna
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I'm having a terrible time with a samsung galaxy s10 I bought in mid december. 

The phone is claiming I'm using a tremendous amount of data, but when I go to the usage tracking, it's not showing where it's coming from. On my last billing cycle, it showed 6gigs of data (which is all I have from bell). But if you go to the app tracking and total how much I actually used, it's under 800mb. The annoying part is my carrier is actually reporting the 6gigs as well. I had an s8 before this, and I've never used more than 1gig in my life. If I browse on amazon for 15 minutes, it will use approximately 100mb of data. It's at the point where I cant use the phone outside of my home. I've read on android forums of people with Samsung's having this problem on the newest android update.

I've called samsung twice. They first had me reset my settings, and then my network settings. This did not help.

They then had me put my phone in safe mode for 24 hours (they actually took control of my phone to see the data usage and how it's not being tracked accurately, and they were shocked).

Being in safe mode did not help, meaning it cant be a third party app.

I'm at the point where I wish I didnt even upgrade or buy the phone, since I cant even use it. I'd greatly appreciate any help. Please!

CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Sorry it slipped my mind. With college and all... I haven't finished everything but it will be up today
0 Likes
Kevintuna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi CHM, some are claiming this issue got fixed now. Any idea if this is true?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
0 Likes
Kevintuna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Thank you very much for your hard work

0 Likes
Kevintuna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

It all worked and I'm on the older version of android. I'm not fully sure if I stopped the updates though. When typing in the CMD prompt, and following those instructions... do I stop I type step 12 in or stop right after step 11? If I stop after step 11 and type in what you say, it says it doesnt recognize it.

Also, is there any way of being notified when this problem has been rectified and the new version of android can be downloaded again?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Sorry for the confusion. You must also do the step 12 and then type the command as instructed on my blog. I'll edit the post to be clearer.

A way to be notified? Well I can certainly do this for you.
0 Likes
Kevintuna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Looks like it worked after doing step 12, is there any way of checking to make sure it worked?

I'll be out of the house and on data all weekend, so I'll post here and see if it's tracking everything now, I'm sure it will though.

Sounds good, send a message on here if you can. I'll check in every once in awhile.

Took me a few hours to go through all your steps, hope I did it all right. Phone seems to be working great.

0 Likes
Kevintuna
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Thought of one more question,

Do I have to do the command prompt thing to get updates back on, or if I just do a factory reset when the time comes and it's fixed, will that work too?

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If you don't get any update pop-up, it worked.

To get updates back, you do the XDA steps 1 to 12 and then you type the second command on my site. Factory reset works too but that would just be more time consuming for you to restore and recinfigure everything .
0 Likes
Ktkat909
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Any idea if 2.1 update fixes this issue on the S10?
0 Likes