Original topic:

S20 5G series preorder

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 11:43 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s20/buy/

Prices are through the roof. Base model starts at 1320$ for the S20 5G 128GB and they only get higher. You can choose between 128GB and 512GB on all models. A base S20 Ultra 5G is 1800$.

Colours are Grey, Blue and... Black.  Okay. Better than Black, White and SES Exclusive Blue I guess...

And please don't fall for the 30x Space Zoom, or 100x Space Zoom. There's only 3x and 10x optical zoom. Beyond this, you're cropping the image, which is not what zoom means. 3x/10x is good enough, I'm not sure why they feel like they should manipulate the truth...
(If you want to go technical, the S20 Ultra only has 5x optical zoom, and then pixels are binned to make a 10x zoom)

Preorder and get... Galaxy Buds+. You'd be wiser to wait a month for their next Blue Ribbon sale IMO.

On the plus side, they're publicly showing 36 month financing. While I strongly recommend that if you're in a precarious financial situation, you should never use your credit for this, this shows they intend to make the device relevant for this period. If this translates into extended software support, we don't know.

If you're in the Province of Quebec, remember not to buy extended warranties as the law protects you with a legal warranty that is proportional to the value of the device. Care+ also provides accidental damage protection but still. However the wording suggests that Care+ does not provide unlimited accidental damage repairs so keep that in mind.

Here's the Z Flip registration page too: https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-z-flip/

And hey, I was right about the series being 5G only in Canada. Not a good thing as you're paying extra for ultra limited 5G coverage though...
22 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
$ 2,109.99 + taxes hishhhhhhhhhhhhh
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
And only available in Grey. If they made it also available in Blue, I'd give it a pass, but very narrow.
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Heinnn ??? Je vais passer mon tour, voir les test, et attendre les baisse de prix si . . . c'est un coup de circuit 🤩
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
ya I was looking forward to the ultra one, but for 1800 plus taxes so at least 2 grand. I'm holding out lol. my S10+ is great
I might get the note 20 ultra .. or just wait out till next yr.

Samsung does make great phones but man high prices!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I wouldn't upgrade just yet. Your S10+ is still great and well alive. You got plenty of time to save money and wait for a more meaningful upgrade like the S30/N30 series and even pay it all upfront and not having to worry about yet another debt.

(And anyway I wouldn't upgrade to this because I don't enjoy the big corners. I prefer the small ones on the Note series.)
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
the S30 might be 10 years lol I'll prob either get the new note (never had a note always interested in one) or wait next yr and I would assume the naming would be S21 note 21
but ya I was tempted as we finally have 5G and I thought it would be great to have but not for 2grand
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
See my latest post. 2k$ for a very discontinuous 5G network is... 😕

By S30 I meant the 2021 flagships. If they decide to continue that way. S21 works too lol
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah, I'll pass... I'm waiting for the fine tuned note 20. Plus I wanna get laser jammers 😂.

Any one else notice the jump in price or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You mean how these phones are 300$ more expensive than their 2019 counterparts? No. Can't see it. Must buy shiny.