Original topic:

S20 Google Duo Integration

(Topic created on: 02-19-2020 08:07 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
With the S20 being released, we have seen that Google and Samsung have teamed up and integrated Google Duo into the Samsung Phone app. In the Unpacked 2020 event, Samsung mentioned that this feature will be available to the S10 series soon in a future update, security, I believe. Since this feature has proven to not require a new version of android, why is it that Samsung will not include this feature into the S9 series? S9 has android 10 and it is also the last update it will get, hopefully not, so why will Samsung not add this feature to the S9 when it is the last software update to S9, hopefully not, and it will be forgotten. Samsung should at least add this feature to the S9 series to make it at least somewhat in the market and because S9 is fully capable of it, this feature does not require any software update, many a secuirty update, but this feature can be manually be brought into the Phone app, and users can download the update. I really have appreciated what Samsung has done to make their current phones great, but since I am an avid S9 user, I get sparked whenever a feature arrives and it is not bought to a phone which is fully capable and deserving, although the phone might be 2 years old. With Samsung not even including new features through updates, that is what makes Samsung lose its customers and drop the phone value. Now, if you check, S9 is selling for about 300-400 dollars CAD on amazon, or other major retailers. S9 users deserve any feature or enhancement because it is an awesome phone and we truly thank Samsung for it, with these upgrades or enhancements, we will be proud of our phones and use them efficiently, especially in the 21st century.

Thank you Samsung,

6 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
probably because samsung wants you to spend money and buy the new device. this is a little bit of a pet peeve of mine is that Samsung doesn't support older devices more. for instance my S9 plus is still very capable but in the software Department Samsung doesn't really give a crap anymore.
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
you can get S10s now for next to nothing lol and majority of people are not buying them outright. You only get 2 years of software support.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
well 2 android upgrades and 4 years of support. the 10's only have 1 upgrade left.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I bought my S9 in august and it is practically useless in 2020
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
well i bought my S9+ in Sept-Oct 2018, so far it runs pretty good still. I would say it's useless.
0 Likes
perfectg
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
just download Google duo and be done
0 Likes