Original topic:

S20 Plus Grainy noise in pictures

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 02:30 AM)
Rouble
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I used galaxy S8 and its picture seems smooth. But with new Galaxy S20 plus I find lot of digital noise and grainy pictures. I know lowering iso makes noise go away, but I don't find any considerable effect on noise on my phone. Is it happening to every S20 series or just my phone.

I have a 24MP Dslr which doesn't show any noise ( I know I can't compare any phone camera with DSLR) but still 64MP with even 100 iso should produce smooth images.
Really disappointed. 

0 Likes
8 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
There's supposed to be a software update that fixes a lot of the camera issues. possibly the update coming June 16th https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Software-Update-Schedule/ta-p/53566
Rouble
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you. I just want to make sure that it's not a hardware issue as if it's hardware issue I still have 20 more days for a replacement 😕
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I hear you. I believe some things are hardware issues but some things are fixable by a software update. I saw a few videos from YouTube stating that the big issues like focusing were fixed to a degree.
Rouble
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
jamesy
I think hardware issues concern only the S20 ULTRA and won't be fixable by a software update.
We'll see and hope the update will help people with those devices 🤞
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, @Rouble,

As mentioned by @jamesy Please wait for the upcoming update for the camera, I hope this software update will fix all the issues with the camera.

Thanks, @jamesy, for sharing the information.

Ajsb
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
S8+ had the best camera... now they have spoiled everything
Triedit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have a useless Samsung A5 first keyboard kept disappearing then internet and now lines on screen. I used to be a fan of Samsung but A5 has been rubbish from yr 1 on!!
0 Likes