Original topic:

S20 Ultra does not support 60fps using the zhiyun smooth 4 gimbal

(Topic created on: 08-17-2020 03:22 PM)
martin27yau
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I recently purchase the Samsung S20 Ultra to record videos at 60fps usuing the zhiyun smooth 4 gimbal. However, when I first tried them together I found out that the s20 ultra does not support 60fps on the gimbal.

Does any one knows if Samsung  developers are coming with a new update to solve this problem?
0 Likes
9 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
This is not the fault of Samsung, you should address your question to Zhiyun . It's the Zhiyun application that don't support 4K 60ips .
I have the same problem with my Osmo mobile 3 Gimbal so i use my Samsung camera but i can't enlarge or do things Osmo propose
Not sure you understand my English...if you don't understand i will use a translator.
0 Likes
martin27yau
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks Cassidy. Everything seems to work with the smooth 4 except does not show video resolution of 60fps, it shows 4k@30fps
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Zhiyun limitation not Samsung

To get 4K 60ips, i don't use the Osmo Application, i use Osmo gimbal only to swipe from right to left or up and down  (or reverse) my Note10 + but i can't zoom in or out

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi martin27yau,

Please contact the zhiyun smooth app provider as suggested by Cassidy to get it fixed.
Thanks, Cassidy for providing the information.

0 Likes
martin27yau
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks Halston
0 Likes
martin27yau
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
is funny cassidy, I've been doing the same. just using the gimbal as stabilizer no using the app. no zoom allowed...lol
martin27yau
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I will try contacting Zhiyun, but someone told me that it is a samsung update issue.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Look at this, this is a video made by Zhiyun and this is their settings ..Sorry if the link is that large, i cut/paste it...Check the video at 5.34 min in the video section : 

Screenshot_20200817-195535_Chrome.jpg

https://www.zhiyun-tech.com/smooth4/en

20200817_194722.jpg

Marjoline
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Is there any news on this yet? I havea Samsung s7 and s10, and neither of them will do the 1080p with 60fps on the Smooth 4. The Smooth 4 does not offer the option, though the Samsung phones on their own do. Is this something that the Zhiyun only allows for iPhone, but not for Samsung? After all this time, still no solution?

0 Likes