Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S20 overheating

(Topic created on: 08-30-2020 11:16 AM)
Arvin23
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I just got my S20 ultra last week and this is my first ever flagship device. But after a week of using, I experience overheating issues especially while using the camera app for quite a long time. I've never experienced this before from my budget phones but this phone heats up so fast while using the camera. This is the most expensive phone I've ever bought and I'm so disappointed!!!
8 Comments
Reesch
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh, I see. That's disappointing upon knowing that that expensive phone has overheating issue. Try to contact their csr or report that issue you are facing with your unit directly to Samsung.
Arvin23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes I have already reported this to CSR. I have also done some troubleshooting. They advised me to try turning off mobile data or wifi when using the camera app. Yes, it does somehow fix the issue like it wont heat that much but why would I have to turn it off all the time every time I want to use my camera app? I just usually just leave them open with my budget phones and it won't have overheating problems. With this most expensive phone, it should perform better. I also posted this concern on Facebook and I can't believe a lot of people who have this phone experience this issue. I'm sorry but I now regret buying this phone. 😥
Arvin23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hope this will be resolved with an update. Otherwise, I won't recommend Samsung phones to all of my friends and family! Very bad experience!
waaa5
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Its because we get the Exynos chipset compared to the Snapdragon models abroad. Experiencing heat like that while you open camera is normal and the phone in general has an inefficient chip. Its not a problem you can get fixed at CS.
Arvin23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I still don't understand why they make 2 variants for the same phone and same price but we get a inferior chipset. 😥
waaa5
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Well because Qualcomm has CDMA patents in the US and if samsung wants to use those bands they will have to pay to Qualcomm.
Arvin23
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Regardless, I pay the same price for an inferior chipset! I've been scammed!
marga788
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
how's your experience with the slowmo camera? is it not a bit fuzzy or blurry?