Original topic:

S20 series vs S10 series, wait for a discount for the S10 or S20 series

(Topic created on: 02-11-2020 05:51 PM)
Geico
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
I don't think people who have the S10/e/+ devices should update to the S20 series phones. The only things that have been improved are the cameras, which are amazing, batteries which are bigger to incorporate with the 120hz displays. The processors as always are better. The ram is a bit better. Either than that, I don't think people should upgrade, only upgrade if have the money to upgrade, want the amazing cameras or want a phone which can last a little bit longer. 

What do you think? 

Respond in the comments.

I will update this post with specs comparing and more.

Thanks
Loganmight
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The s6 can play the highest graphics of csr2 and pubg and the s8 is in a next level compared to that then the s10 drop which is god level but s20 can wait until my s8 or s6 dies
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
There's a lot of upgrades. But then you must look at the price, as the trade in options are insulting at best. 250$ really? And not compare the price to not having anything because it's easy to bias yourself into thinking it's a good deal to upgrade. And then look at downgrades (ahem HEADPHONE JACK)...
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Exactly
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I personally don't care about the headphone jack. you can get usb c headphones (doesn't a pair come with the phone) and a "dongle" to use any headphones plus the galaxy buds are amazing anyway lol I'm biased and love my galaxy buds.

you can use any bluetooth headphones. I personally think the headphone jack is slowly dying
Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Dongle you need to buy, I think, but I'm not certain. It's all about the money.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
They're lower quality though. All the alternatives you mentioned come with major drawbacks... At this price I shouldn't even consider making compromises.
seobro
Active Level 6
Galaxy S

I'll be completely honest. I've never understood the concept of upgrading your hardware every fiscal year, especially with technology becoming so high-quality and so refined these days. The Galaxy S10 series is a fantastic phone, and it's going to last me and others for a very, very long time. My personal belief is not that the Galaxy S20 is for those who have the Galaxy S10, but it's for those who have the S9 and below. 

That being said, as much of a technology fanatic as I am, my wallet simply doesn't agree with the idea of spending money on the new phone. Hopefully I'll be able to in another 2-3 years.

Geico
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Exactly right. I think anyone who has a S9 or below should upgrade.
Loganmight
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
if u have the cash do it but if your an average person don't upgrade frm s10 to s20 because in reality they are both great phones which to me the s10 look better tho
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I like the look of the S20 over my S10. I would love to upgrade. but the price of the ultra at 1800 is too much for me .. if it was around the S10+ price of 1600 ish then I would definitely think about it. but for now I'm waiting for the newer Note or even next year (and hopefully next year they have the in display camera on the front and no hole!)
0 Likes