Original topic:

S7 Canada Camera

(Topic created on: 08-29-2018 10:02 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I was looking at AIDA64 to compare the differences between the S7 and the S7 Edge. One thing that struck me is that my S7 uses an IMX260 from Sony, and the Edge has an ISOCELL camera from Samsung. Both are Exynos from Canada. Is it just my S7 that has a Sony sensor? Usually Sony sensors are used on Snapdragon models, while Exynos go all-in for all Samsung parts possible.
0 Likes
5 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
So S7 have two different camera sensor variants regardless of the soc. You can either get Sony sensor or Isocell sensor randomly on a S7 Exynos.

But starting from S8 and upwards, Samsung started adapting Sony for Snapdragon and Isocell for Exynos.

https://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s7-isocell-vs-sony-sensor-camera-680266/amp/
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Can confirm with my S7 and s9
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
👍👌
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It was a particularly difficult problem for people who were running AOSP Roms - It's been a while so I don't remember which sensor was the issue - But certainly all of the Exynos devices did in fact get shipped with one or the other - Depended on "luck of the draw".
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks y'all. This confirms it's random, since I knew for a fact my old S7 had an ISOCELL and the new (which was manufactured BEFORE the old one) has an IMX.

It's good to know the situation was fixed with the newer generation.
0 Likes