Original topic:

S7 shutting down and freezing

(Topic created on: 10-09-2016 09:19 AM)
fatboy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I'm a brand new user to the Samsung family. In the first 2 weeks, my S7 shut down 3 times randomly while it was just sitting there. I only noticed it when I went to pick up the phone and go use it. Afterwards to turn it on I would need to press both the power and volume down key. The store was nice enough to swap out my phone with a new one. Now the problem is happening again with my new one. same problem. It just shuts down and goes dead. Battery is fully charged on all occasions.

Should I be concerned? Did the store get a bad batch of phones? On one occasion I got the following message.
95c18b7a-c111-4997-aa88-66dc4f1b0bc5.jpg
0 Likes
4 Comments
Arsal
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
the volume up key will reset ur phonr and make it brand new. this happens because ur sim card detection is faulty. i had the same issue with my old s4..1 out 100 devices can be faulty cuz its machine. i have s7 edge and never had a single problem. i would suggest go for replacement...
fatboy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thank you for the reply . I will ask the store rep again.
0 Likes
ckay
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
my phone did the same thing 2x now within 5 days. I called live chat and was told to put my phone on safe mode to see it it persist. will take it on for a technician to run a diagnostic test.
0 Likes
fatboy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It hasn't happened to me since. Knock on wood. hopefully my problem is over. I never had to put it into safe mode.
0 Likes