Original topic:

S8 Audio Popping in Games Since Pie Update

(Topic created on: 11-25-2019 07:37 AM)
JustinB
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

My S8 has been having audio popping since updating to the latest version of Android (Pie and One UI).

The popping seems to be happening only in games so far. 

The only temporary fix seems to be disabling the wifi. I know, strange, but it works. 

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Temporary Fixes:
- Turn off wifi while playing games/listening to music with the popping issue.

- Add the game or app in the game launcher and record your session using the built-in recording tool. Stop recording right away to stop it from saving footage. You'll hear the audio quality change instantly, gaining more bass and clearer sound.

Updates:
Edit - July 22, 2019: Still not fixed after a few security updates.

Edit - Nov 25, 2019: I recieved another update for the November security patch, issue still not fixed. Come on Samsung, it's been 8 months since this started and still no solution?

Edit - January 30, 2020: Another security update has come, and still no fix or acknowledgement from Samsung. We're coming close to the 1 year mark and it seems Samsung is completely oblivious about this issue still.

Edit - May 29, 2020: Well everyone, it's been over a year with this issue and Samsung is stopping support and updates for the S8. I guess we're just SoL now.
WDB
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have been having the same issue since the Android update earlier this year. I tried turning my wifi off and on today and found that the problem seems to go away, or at least isn't noticeable, if wifi is off. It does not seem to matter what wifi network I'm connected to. 

0 Likes
GeneralAlex
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Also having this issue 

0 Likes
Sc2zerker
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I am also experiencing this issue. No issue with youtube or spotify, only certain games... turning wifi off makes the crackling sound go away but my games require internet to play.... HELP PLZ!!!

0 Likes
GeneralAlex
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have FOUND A SOLUTION  THAT WORKS.

Step by step:

1- open settings 

2 - search for and force stop the following 3 programs

1 - game optimizer 

2 - Game Booster 

3 - Game optimization services 

0 Likes
JustinB
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the notes, however after trying this, I'm still having the same issue.
0 Likes
JustinB
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I recieved another update for the November security patch, issue still not fixed. Come on Samsung, it's been 8 months since this started and still no solution?

I've noticed the issue in apps as well such as Google Chrome and TuneIn. This is getting ridiculous.
betheman
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Yes samsung, you should ashame! It's been 8 months I am waiting!  A good and premium phone, having that, since so long and after each

security update being depress is not fixed! Plus the already poor quality sound of the speaker that is my only complaint of this phone It's sould already fixed! I had a Galaxy S6 Edge plus and the sound was so much better and lound. So please Samsung make something about that. Cause next time, I'll change for a another compagny !!!

0 Likes
Hyoh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I can see why people use Apple
0 Likes
TaeganRiles
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Samsung, please seriously look at this issue.  There are people out there giving really terrible advice on how to "fix" this yourself.  Only shutting off Wi-Fi corrects the problem.

We should not have to shut off Wi-Fi to hear pop free audio.  This didn't happen in 2018.

WARNING: the article linked below will not help. Some of the advice given may damage your phone or erase your data. I have linked it here to demonstrate the lengths to which people are going to try to fix this themselves.

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-s8-audio-issues/

JustinB
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Another security update, still no solution. I'm guessing this isn't going to get fixed.
0 Likes