Original topic:

S8 Audio Popping in Games Since Pie Update

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 03:05 PM)
JustinB
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

My S8 has been having audio popping since updating to the latest version of Android (Pie and One UI).

The popping seems to be happening only in games so far. 

The only temporary fix seems to be disabling the wifi. I know, strange, but it works. 

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Temporary Fixes:
- Turn off wifi while playing games/listening to music with the popping issue.

- Add the game or app in the game launcher and record your session using the built-in recording tool. Stop recording right away to stop it from saving footage. You'll hear the audio quality change instantly, gaining more bass and clearer sound.

Updates:
Edit - July 22, 2019: Still not fixed after a few security updates.

Edit - Nov 25, 2019: I recieved another update for the November security patch, issue still not fixed. Come on Samsung, it's been 8 months since this started and still no solution?

Edit - January 30, 2020: Another security update has come, and still no fix or acknowledgement from Samsung. We're coming close to the 1 year mark and it seems Samsung is completely oblivious about this issue still.

Edit - May 29, 2020: Well everyone, it's been over a year with this issue and Samsung is stopping support and updates for the S8. I guess we're just SoL now.
24 Comments
MrTwister
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue with every game I'm playing. If I got to game booster tap record, then stop recording, it fixes the audio. But its annoying having to do it for EVERY game I play. Come on Samsung, help us out!

Yuhshii
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I've noticed with the recording trick that even after the recording is stopped there is a very small input delay from when you touch the screen, it's very small but it's there during and after recording. Just a note for any dev that might see this

SnowTauren
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue on my S8, turning off wifi seems to stop this.

JustinB
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Well everyone, it's been over a year with this issue and Samsung is stopping support and updates for the S8. I guess we're just SoL now.
0 Likes
RedGrenadene
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I've had this since the Pie update too. It's absolutely ridiculous that not only has their software update left a really unbearably annoying bug but samsung won't even let us fix it ourselves by unlocking the bootloader. This is completely unacceptable.