Original topic:

S8: OneUI finally here in Canada

(Topic created on: 04-01-2019 05:19 PM)
Lionhunt
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I criticized Samsung earlier for not releasing OneUI in timely fashion for the S8, but it's here finally. Even though I do feel that it still should've arrived earlier (like all S8's outside of US/Canada did), I'm glad it's finally here. It not only meets the expectations, but also exceeds it. Well done Samsung. 

I hope it's not the last major update S8's receive, even though the company only did promise at least 2 years of support. I wouldn't blame them if they don't released Android 10 for it. But one can only hope. 😄

Regards,
S8 fan.
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
Thing is that S8 series that received the One UI update are outside of North America & have Samsung's own Exynos chip - So it makes sense for the devices with Samsung's own chip to receive the OTA sooner 😉🐧
0 Likes
Lionhunt
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
it doesn't make sense at all other than Samsung attempting to create divide within a single device of theirs. we're all part of the Samsung family, and geographical limitations shouldn't be cause for something customers don't have control over. In North America, carriers only offered Snapdragon phones, and as consumers we had no choice but to get that. Samsung achieves nothing by treating the Qualcomm vs Exynos chips as equivalent as iPhone vs Samsung....
0 Likes
ez1to3
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@leolionhunt You clearly don't understand how or why there are two version with different processors, and why Samsung would absolutely update their own hardware first. Just because you think or feel it should be one way, does not mean that is what will happen in reality. Many different limitations.
0 Likes