Original topic:

S8 Plus Freezing/Locking Up

(Topic created on: 07-30-2017 10:34 AM)
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
Well it looks like I'll still have to send my S8 Plus in for service. I've tried wiping the cache, factory resetting, no SD card, new SD card, no apps and after getting a suggestion on here yesterday morning I tried redoing the software with Smart Switch program on my PC. I also set the phone back up from scratch, so not to bring anything over to new set up. It seemed to work for a day but today has started locking up again. I took a video this time...I was browsing YouTube when it locked up completely and wouldn't respond at all. I waited several minutes before even taking the video. Only way to get it to respond was to force restart with side buttons. Power or Bixby wouldn't work. Could this be a hardware issue?
0 Likes
18 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yes it could be send your device for service.
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah after all those steps it's most likely hardware, probably best to send it in. Best of luck!
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thanks. Going to suck not having my phone for a while but at least it should be fixed.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Don't you have any samsung store nearby
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
No. None in my entire province. There are carrier stores but all they do is mail it out too so I am just going directly to Samsung myself.
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I went through this awhile back with my G4 .. closest store to me 2.5 hours away .. wasn't worth the drive since they weren't even sure they could fix it😔 I sent mine away and they sent me a loaner POS that died the day I got it lol If I didn't have bad luck I'd have NO luck at all lol
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I won't even be getting a loaner. Luckily my sister will let me use hers.
0 Likes
MamaBear
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
WHAT?! How come they're not sending you a loaner?!
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
It's directly through Samsung and they said they don't do that.
0 Likes