Original topic:

S8 app icons

(Topic created on: 07-17-2018 07:35 PM)
123ben
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
why when I move my apps from internal to sd card. The app icon is not showing properly but the app is working fine. I change my sd card and also did factory reset. Both ways didn't solve the issue.6991e809-5755-4df0-8fc9-16d141c19176.jpg
0 Likes
13 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If changing memory card and factory reset didn't help, I would suggest reflashing the firmware with Odin using pc.
I always move most of my apps to sd card, the icons and speed is all normal.
0 Likes
123ben
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I found a solution couple minutes ago. If I go to Samsung themes and apply the theme again, it turns to normal. But I have to do it everytime I restart my phone.
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Interesting! So it's a problem with the themes. I don't face this though I use the same default theme as you. Hmm.
0 Likes
123ben
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
now I have no idea since my phone was working fine since I purchased it last Septemebr. it's first time I face problem on my phone haha
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
yeah, it's a very expensive phone so we expect to face no problem at all.
Talking about problems lol, did you or do you see burn in on the screen yet?
0 Likes
123ben
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
no, there is no burn in on my screen yet. but I found sometimes the firmware is not very stable
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @123ben, could you please try using Default Samsung theme and see if you can replicate the issue? Thanks!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
123ben
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
The theme I use right now is the default Samsung theme.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@123ben, Whenever I have done a restart on my S8, I get the same app display with the icon grey and sd card. This is not harmful to the phone or sd card. The app will not be uninstalled. I just wait about 5 to 10 seconds before trying the app again. If I am not mistaken the app is just reloading.
0 Likes