Original topic:

S8+ bluetooth doesnt auto connect to registered devices

(Topic created on: 07-25-2017 08:45 PM)
nike
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
all my previous android phones would auto connect to my Bluetooth devices (cars, BT speaker...)

my S8+ prompts me to choose the BT device once Bluetooth on the S8+ is turned on. I have to manually select the device

is there a setting to make my S8+ to auto connect?
0 Likes
16 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
download Bluetooth auto connect app from play store. it scans for all BT devices and connects to the first available device. you can use a quick toggle widget also
0 Likes
nike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks... installed it, it is working with my car... since I have 4 other BT devices, the widget would still try to connect to the others BT devices, even it is connected with one of the BT. I hope it won't consume too much of battery in the background
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @carr0498, thanks for the helpful suggestion!

-Nick
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@nike, reading your post it seems that you said that it prompts you to choose a device once you turn Bluetooth on your S8+, that is a normal behavior, if you don't turn off Bluetooth on your S8+ (Bluetooth always ON) then when you turn on a Bluetooth device it will connect automatically without prompting you to choose a device, ex: when you get in your car and start it, your phone will connect automatically. Just remember to not turn Bluetooth off on your phone and you won't need a 3rd party app.
0 Likes
nike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
mhh... thanks Cprice for the suggestion. I will give it a try tomorrow. I guess it is just S8+ behavior. I have had many Android phones in the past (mostly Nexus). I didn't have to keep BT on all the time.
I guess BT 5.0 doesn't use much power. I guess if I don't need BT on, why do I want to waste the power to keep it on when I don't need it
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well I can tell you that I don't see a difference in my battery with the Bluetooth on or off
0 Likes
nike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
thanks buddy... I will give it a try... don't really want another app if I don't have to keep it...
will let you know the battery consumption in a few days...

have a good night... oops... already in the morning here
0 Likes
Galaxy S
you're welcome nike, it's 12:15am here, heading off to bed, have a good one
0 Likes
nike
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
we are in the same time zone...

after hearing about what you said the auto connect after the first connection..
I decided to "just do it! " ...like my name...

I uninstalled the BT connect app. turned on BT on my S8+, and connect to my BT speaker manually the first time.
then, I turned off the speaker..
as you said, my S8+ does auto connect to the speaker automatically when the speaker is on again.
now, I "just did it"

good night... sleep tight... don't let the bed bug bite