Original topic:

S8 review

(Topic created on: 06-20-2018 10:59 AM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
This is going to be a short one because I can't put my thoughts into words. Basically, it's gorgeous. I've spent my afternoon downloading:
security update
Oreo
Oreo 2 (?)
security update
probably more

despite that, I love this things display. It's absolutely amazing. Its the first curved display I've ever used so holding the phone is back different experience in itself, but it looks really cool. The fingerprint scanner is in an absolutely terrible location, but face unlock is quicker and easier anyways (despite being less secure). Overall, I can't wait to use this phone for the next 2 years.

Unfortunately I can't get the community tab in Samsung members to work, likely because it's an American phone which really sucks. So any messages from here on will be sent from my S7 which continues to be a trooper.9cb26ea5-2781-4749-97e3-ca7549c32f98.jpg
67101287-a45b-4629-9d31-9dea8e676e41.jpg
13 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
enjoy the new phone.....
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Thanks!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@JohnH, I am an owner of the S8. My review is that I really like this phone. I find it to be quite fast when downloading content such as apps and music on to the Google Play Music and taking pictures with the camera. I would definitely keep this phone instead of upgrading to the S9 which is a copycat of the S8.
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Im definitely loving it so far. It was extremely fast at downloading apps and even software updates. The buttons are kind of mushy but with use they're getting better :)
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Agree, S8 is way ahead of its time and competition. Just perfect in every way.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Glad you enjoy your phone!
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Thank you 😊!
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @JohnH, thanks for sharing about your S8 with us! Hope you have a great time with your new device!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Congrats on taking the leap to Samsungs Infinity Era! 🎉 The experience you'll have will be like no other.
And about the fingerprint scanner, just give it a month or two. I thought it was terrible placing too when I first bought my S8+, now I feel like it's perfect and shouldn't be anywhere else. It's really about getting adapted to.