Original topic:

S9 Camera - Green Picture

(Topic created on: 02-17-2019 09:42 PM)
Rybek
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,
Has anyone experienced taking a picture with the camera and the photo turned out to be just a green picture? If so, what would be the fix for this?

Thanks!
Jmmills71
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

20190723_133640.jpg

Mine started after the update too.  

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Try to change the image saving location to the internal storage and try again to take a picture.
0 Likes
divot82
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue -- intermittently a picture comes out completely green (started after the update). My image saving location is already set to internal storage, so it's definitly not an SD card issue.

I just cleared the camera cache, so hopefully that helps!

0 Likes
Rybek
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I cleared the Camera cache and it seems to have fix the issue. I haven't encountered the issue yet.
0 Likes
ShihTzuMom
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes, it randomly happens to me. Still trying to figure out why. Took 4 pictures in a row and the first one was a green rectangle. Hoping it doesn't get worse after my one year warranty is up.  Also periodically get alert of "Weak charging connection"

0 Likes
Shacker442
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes, this has happened to me too including today! And the path to save is to internal storage, not SD, so its not an SD issue like others have said.

0 Likes
amcmahon01
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This just started happening to me also.  I have also recently had issues with photos taken from the lock screen not showing up at all afterwards.  I'm pretty sure one photo did show up initially and then when I checked back later was all green, which somewhat fits the currupt SD theory (I am saving to SD), though it only seems to happen from the lock screen. Maybe there's some kind of process conflict issue or the camera app being force stopped when transistioning from lock to unlock which could currupt files that weren't fully saved yet?  That could affect both internal and SD but would probably make SD more suseptible since it's typically slower.  If it seems to persist I'm going to try to do some tests, see if I can reliably replicate the issue and attempt some basic debugging.

0 Likes
Dalberon
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I found this thread because my wife and I have both been experiencing this random green picture behavior for a while now.  It doesn't look like anyone has found a reliable solution?

0 Likes
Rybek
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
clearing my camera cache seems to have worked for me.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK or you will be flooded with ads and might even get pop-up ads on your phone all the time. I repeat, DO NOT OPEN THAT LINK. This person is only trying to make money from S Members with stolen content. Don't reward this shameful behavior.
0 Likes