Original topic:

S9, S9+ update at midnight?

(Topic created on: 06-16-2019 10:34 AM)
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Security update is scheduled for the 17th with Roger's... I am hoping Samsung Canada will give us the night mode camera update like in Europe with it.

I'm sure Videotron will be at same time.
18 Comments
IBGS20U
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I read somewhere, the June update released by US carriers does not have the night mode update. So I guess we'll get the same since we share the snapdragon procesor.
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
ok so officially my next phone is not going to be from Samsung. Let down after let down for Canadians.
theonecid
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
yeah they suk in Canada. Legit don't feel like getting another either
Galaxy S
It USED to be that Samsung HAD the best hardware... Now - not so sure - No Notification LED - No Headphone jack & Holes in the otherwise awesome display.... Samsung - Give your head a shake! 🙄
theonecid
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah I know
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I can relate to the same frustration, so perhaps next time around I will consider some other options instead of just jumping into another Samsung device.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I'd follow you... if the others weren't worst. Pixels have ugly defective devices (stupidly humongous notch, mismatched rounded corners and not to mention the never-ending list of defects) and the UI is Cheap Apple. Same for all Chinese OEMs, with the exception that they have even slower updates that may not even be real updates (XDA made a detailed analysis on the matter with OEMs reporting patches that weren't patched), plus they aren't quality material either, relying on buzzwords to sell instead. LG and Motorola have abysmal updates and Motorola doesn't seem to want to make flagships anymore. Sony has a good exception, though the design is an acquired taste, though it lacks a headphone jack and that's a big deal from someone that makes some of the absolute best wired headphones.

Kinda like politricks. You can't vote for the best since there's no such candidate. You pick the least worst.
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
@Chmultimedia I don't agree, Samsung is falling behind. Huawei got Samsung beat on the camera and specs... though yes, they are having issues that we all know about, and Google Pixel has Samsung beat on picture quality. OnePlus 7 pro has better specs than S10 +. The Asus Zenfone 6 is coming......
0 Likes
fuggyr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
@Chmultimedia do you have an opinion as to how come the camera updates would not be delivered yet to Canadian S9+ models with this update? unwillingness of Samsung to work on this and push the minimal security update is frustrating while in Europe, along with Security update, there were camera and some UI updates included as well........ I haven't recieved the update yet so im basing myself on rumours that it will be just the security update.
0 Likes