Original topic:

S9 is on US FW yay!

(Topic created on: 11-06-2018 07:13 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
After a very long download (because I'm syncing GBs of stuff on OD), my S9 is now safe and sound with US Firmware. I did not get Samsung+ (or any carrier bloat at all!) and Samsung Members won't let me access the Canada community. At least all my data has been preserved.

I'm ready for the beta!

But quick question: Does anyone know if I can get my Rogers RWC CSC? Quite a few network features have been disabled because I use the XAA CSC.
6 Comments
RyanR
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So are you on Pie Beta
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Not yet!
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I tried this last year for Android 8. It did not allow me to enter beta. I am not sure about this year but last year beta was open to one carrier cant remember if it was sprint or AT&T and to XAA firmware. Firmware says it's code 3 times and 3rd code can never be changed. That represents your original phones firmware.

You should definately try since you are already moved over to US firmware. But it didn't work for me during beta program last year. 511c5f0c-7de4-4f9f-ba99-9533e5911990.jpg
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
BTW do not use your current samsung account. while you sign up for beta, your ID will give away that you are not US account.
You have to use US ip (VPN) to signup new account which will determine your US account. Try running samsung+ it won't allow you in their community with your current ID.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No I am in the US community and I could post successfully. But I'll sign-up a new account as you suggest.856e311a-527b-4139-b54d-b53f6367fa2c.jpg
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
When I was trying to get in last year it didn't allow me. Until I created new account.
0 Likes