Original topic:

S9 plus battery draining very quick !!!

(Topic created on: 12-17-2019 10:29 AM)
Aaron257
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S9 Plus battery is draining very fast .I  tried wipe cache partition and every thing ..but it doesn't seems to solve my problem ...this started to happen only after the One ui update !!
0 Likes
7 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Same on my S9. It's annoying. I updated manually to the latest Google Play Services from apkmirror, now I can't uninstall it and it's taking up so much battery.
0 Likes
Aaron257
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Try doing the Battery Recalibration.....make your phone completely dead and charge it without Turning on the device .Straight till it reaches from 0-100 (1 complete cycle) without any interruption ..make sure the power supply is not interrupted..(or) dial #*0228# and reset the battery gauge cause after the update the battery percentage which is seen might be a glitch...
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Not sure this would help much to be honest.
Look at Google Play Services, something is messed up, "used for 4 hrs" don't think I used to see it say that before...
0 Likes
thejoker1
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
try factory reset or clear the cache but first clear the cache by holding power button bixby and volume up to clear the cache in the recovery menu
0 Likes
Aaron257
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I tried it but no change... today I tried the Battery Recalibration and it works far better than how it was before ...it must be done twice but after doing it for 1 time and I feel the battery life has increased
0 Likes
thejoker1
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
thats great that you got it back to normal battery health! :)
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
do you charge your phone over night, charge when it's 0 and leave till it's a hundred, or keep it in the charge 24/7? if so, that may be the root cause. it leaves battery life shorter and it affects the lifespan of the phone. my dad does this a lot even tho I tell him not to after I got my phone a few months ago. consider keeping the battery 40%-80%, maybe keeping it 80% before going to bed and don't charge it. keep it out of the charger during the day unless it's under 40%. one hour before going to bed charge it to 80%,like I mentioned before. hope this helps.
0 Likes