Original topic:

S9 screen burn

(Topic created on: 02-23-2020 08:11 PM)
DC77
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello Community,

I haven't posted in a while,  but maybe someone could provide a solution? I upgraded from the S5 to the S8, to the S9. I've had the S9 for at least a year and a half to two years if not longer, and noticed that my screen has developed a what people have called a "screen burn" where I can see my keyboard even when I'm not using it.

This has never happened before with any other Samsung phones I've had in the past. Does this mean I need a new phone,  or is there a way to fix this?

Any assistance or advice is appreciated!
7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No way to fix it. You need to get the display replaced. Though this is just a cosmetic issue. Your screen will still work.

There are anti burn-in apps available but what they do is that they prematurely age the rest of the display, effectively burning-in everything else. Talk about fighting fire with fire lol
DC77
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
**bleep** that's what I thought! I was just hoping for some kind of work around to solve the problem without having to replace the display, as now I have to decide whether it's worth paying to change the display or just get another phone.

Thanks for your advice. Truly appreciated.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I'd try using something @CHMultimedia suggested an app, I have no clue which one, you hafta ask them🤷♂️
The screen is dying anyway so maybe you can get a little more time before you "hafta" replace it 👍
And if your getting a new device this @CHMultimedia suggestion could buy you some time without having to see the burn in while you explore your options✌️
DC77
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Good suggestion! thanks everyone. I will definitely look into the apps!
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
If the screen burn in really bothers you it might be a good time for an update. If you were to repair your screen it would cost about $300. if you traded in your phone and got aleast $200 for it, then in a round about way that $500 would go to your new phone s10, which makes it a great deal. That's assuming you didn't fix the screen but accepted that you'd lose $300 to fix it anyway.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Well it you go the other way too, if you don't upgrade to an S10, you would have saved about 700$.
Ryoohki
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It's a downside of oled display, it's not meant to show something for too long like windows task bar for hours and tv logo, cell phone are less prone because on time of the screen is mostly on and off all the time