Original topic:

SAMSUNG MAPS

(Topic created on: 02-16-2020 01:26 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
For the millions of people who use Samsung Devices, why doesnt Samsung have it's own native map application. When you go online on pc to samsung, you can find your mobile and it gives a custom Samsung map. If Samsung has already made a map, why can't it just import it and create their own map application. In the future, this should be a possibility or even Samsung can team up with Google to integrate a joined app. If Samsung has partnered up with Google, for the native google Duo thing seen in Unpacked 2020, Samsung can do it again.
17 Comments
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
wouldn't make sense. they can use the time invested in making maps somewhere more important.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Bloatware
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I figured they used another source but I didn't know it was that 🤙👍
Google rules this space now correct?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes GMaps dominates.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
because of costs . why would they when google maps is one of the top maps out there (apple is good too) and I'm sure there's decent third party ones as well
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Like other users said, Makes no sense to invest millions on samsung maps when most people are already accustomed to google maps or waze(both owned by google). And like what CH said, samsung uses here maps, built previously by Nokia
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
For one since Samsung is Korean, Samsung probably didn't choose to invest in their own maps as maps in S. Korea are heavily regulated by the government. Hence why google maps in S. Korea is not as detailed as most other places. It has to do with the fact that they are technically in a state of war with the north. Usually a company would choose to map their home country first and then grow outward.
seobro
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Sorry for the off topic but...
한국사람이세요? 반갑습니다 ^^

Also, didnt even know that myself about S. Korea maps... I need to go back and visit sometime
0 Likes