Original topic:

SAMSUNG MAPS

(Topic created on: 02-16-2020 12:49 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
For the millions of people who use Samsung Devices, why doesnt Samsung have it's own native map application. When you go online on pc to samsung, you can find your mobile and it gives a custom Samsung map. If Samsung has already made a map, why can't it just import it and create their own map application. In the future, this should be a possibility or even Samsung can team up with Google to integrate a joined app. If Samsung has partnered up with Google, for the native google Duo thing seen in Unpacked 2020, Samsung can do it again.
17 Comments
TimothySimoneJr
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

No I'm not but nice to meet you too🙂

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks! Always wondered why S.Korea looked weird on Maps, yet Street View was available in high quality. ..
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm pretty sure samsung tried that before and it didn't work. besides google maps dominates.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Maps isn't really free so to speak since this is a big part of googles tracking systems and how it base its ads and your likes off of. Think of it as a road map of your interest and where you shop at.

Just think you pay for those google cars roaming around with your Interests. That is how google spends millions on making them, by user tracks.

Now do you think Samsung wants to pay the start up to do something like that? It be hard to play caught up and even put a hole in google and apple maps to make it worth the data pool.

It's actually kinda genius if you ask me. All those google phones working together to make live maps and such.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
apple uses 2d maps to make their lives simpler, and it does work. If samsung teamed up with google, then they can integrate the maps app into every galaxy phone. When I first got my s9, I was confused because there was no maps app like apple, then i found at you have to manually download it on play store
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
shhhhh.... don't give them any ideas :smiling-face:
SANUKAdeTEKA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I agree with you. If SAMSUNG could develop their own maps app they could be free from google because they have alternate apps for each and every google app. If  this happens SAMSUNG creates a path to build their own OS for mobile and PC. 

........... and I'm waiting for the day 🙂

0 Likes
Tbaymyhome
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

We use Android (Google owned OS) that is why we use Google maps.

Have you know Samsung account allowed Google and G-Suite account on same Ecosystem for samsung galaxy apps like contact, Planner, maps close locally reminder?

0 Likes