SD cards

(Topic created on: 05-02-2019 05:53 AM)
Zora
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Good afternoon guys. 

Looking for recommendations.🤦‍♂️
I never purchased a SD card, nor do I understand them. 
Maybe someone can explain and point me in the right direction. 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Get an UHS-I U1 card if you only want to store light medias on it (low/medium quality videos, music). Get a U3 card if you want to record 4K videos directly on it, store high quality media. Get a U3 150MB/s card if you want to store apps on it.

Don't go online to buy SD Cards. Or go on a small, reputable company's shop online. Go in store because of the probability of getting a counterfeit card.

Avoid brands like ADATA, Silicon Power, MFlash
Zora
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you
0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I bought my sd card online. its been doing fine for 4 years now. Amazon is the best website for it. either go sandisk or Samsung, those seem to be the better brands
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I'll suggest a lexar 128gb 633x microSD card. I use them almost exclusively now.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Those cards are not only slower, they are also often spoofed. The File Allocation Table reports physical storage greater than it is actually. Your device will try to store on this inexistant storage. I don't think I have to explain to you why you won't be able to open the data you stored there...
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
You can't record 4k on sd card. U can record and move to SD card later.

Amazon is best place to buy sd card. Make sure to buy which has highest reviews. They're cheap and u can return if u suspect counterfie t
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
No. You can. Get a card rated V30 for 4K. Only 4K@60 is unsupported for SD recording
0 Likes
Wolf1
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Try an online search for "best SD card for______" (whatever model you have) There are recommendations for various needs of the SD card actually. For instance a photographer will want more suited for their own over someone creating a music library.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Oof. I'd avoid those searches. They are almost always sponsored content.

Basically search with the criterias I posted. If you have special needs like 24/7 usage, there are cards specifically for that (Endurance Pro). If you will frequently take pics and vids (very frequently) and need very fast IOPS (reduce lag) there are cards for that (Extreme Pro, Professional cards). Otherwise any card will do
0 Likes