Original topic:

Samsung Dex

(Topic created on: 07-28-2017 12:17 PM)
Cprice
Options
Galaxy S
I would like to suggest that we be able to use widgets in Samsung Dex, like being able to have the weather or Google search bar widget display on the desktop.
13 Comments
Galaxy S
Do you own the DeX station?
How is it? any reviews, feedback?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
yes I do have a Samsung Dex,I have some feedback is this thread: https://m.community.samsungmembers.com/en_CA/view/146614?projectId=0&meta=

0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm surprised they don't have widgets, that seems like it would be a good feature for the Dex
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well you can get widgets using an app called Dex Max but the widgets stay on top of other windows, so it's not practical
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Ah I see, yeah doesn't sound too practical, would be nicer if they worked like how they work on the device. I'm sure they'll update that eventually.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hopefully, only time will tell
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
That sounds like it would be a great idea and would add some great functionality.
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Dex Max is actually pretty good. However, I sometimes get hangs and freezes while using it. Hopefully they add some more features to Dex as well as compatible apps. I currently use it as my desktop for light usage (Browsing, Music, Movies)
0 Likes
Galaxy S
At home I use the same way, light usage, I also tried it at the office for 2 days instead of bringing my work laptop, I connected to my work laptop that I left home using Remote Desktop and it worked flawlessly, no more bringing the laptop, charger, docking station and cable lock when I need to go work in the office.