Original topic:

Samsung Email Archive vs Delete

(Topic created on: 04-04-2019 06:35 AM)
stmax
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I use the stock email for my gmail.  I prefer the look and feel, integration with my Gear S3, dark mode and just all round functionality.  

Except... I still don't see a way to get swipe to archive functionality.  Swipe is always delete.

I dont want to select and "move" to all mail.  Has anyone figured this out?  I may have asked a long time ago but seeing if there has been any updates.
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy S
Gmail lets you Archive fwiw
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yup. But I would like to use stock on my S9+.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Gmail is a Stock Google app - If you're using Maps - Navigation - Translate - etc etc etc etc etc Or H*E*C*K you're using Google...
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Can't use Gmail on my watch. Can't toggle it to dark with built in samsung ecosystem. No Non-cartoon colour scheme for app or widget... etc. I guess... its not stock enough... probably because it isn't. Not sure when we started calling Google apps stock on Samsung phones. lol.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @stmax,

I don't believe a swipe-to-archive feature is available in Samsung Email yet—I agree that there should at least be a setting to toggle between "delete" and "archive" though!

I'll bring this suggestion up with the dev team, and hopefully we'll see it implemented soon 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina