Original topic:

Samsung Flow Smart View Connection Issue

(Topic created on: 01-16-2020 11:18 AM)
Loonieburger
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone else have Flow work great and then suddenly stop working without anything having changed from one day to the next?

All I ever get now is "Check your Wi-Fi connection" and "Your Wi-Fi connection is unstable." My Galaxy S9+ is connected to my brand-new HP laptop via USB, it's paired via Bluetooth, and both are sharing a very stable and fast Internet connection.

Nothing wrong with the drivers or software on either device. Have restarted, uninstalled everything, deleted then reinstalled drivers, etc. Have latest OSes on both devices.

Thoughts?
9 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi Loonieburger,

I don't use Flow. But wondering if you connected usb to PC. You don't need to pair with bluetooth, right!?

Also, does both devices have wifi connection?
0 Likes
Loonieburger
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
All connections are working, just not with Flow. Have tried all permutations and combinations.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Seems like you have done most of the troubleshooting steps.

Try this out, if you have Samsung Flow installed on your phone.

Open Settings→ Apps→ Samsung Flow→ Storage
click clear data and clear cache

Let see if this fix the issue or not.

Note that clear data will not delete your actual data, just the app's cache data.
0 Likes
Loonieburger
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Problem solved: I reset my router/modem. In all my troubleshooting I have to admit that I never tried isolating the WiFi connections. I assumed that resetting both the phone and laptop would've done this.

For whatever reason, as soon as I reset the router/modem, I reconnected using Bluetooth and it worked immediately, as it had the day before.
Galaxy S
Glad you find the solution. 👍🏼
Loonieburger
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I can now connect any way I like without the idiotic (and incorrect) error messages popping up. Not sure why this works but it should be added to Samsung's knowledge base for Flow's "Smart View" feature.
MollySohal
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I keep getting connectivity issues with WhatsApp..I have 1GB fast internet and my note 10+ is always connected to wifi yet I keep getting error messages for WhatsApp so it start using my data package
Members_0O3yrXx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Yes I am having the same problem. I find Samsung Flow is really fickle.

0 Likes
Members_0O3yrXx
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have found that the problem occurs when I have the phone connected to the USB charger (which is connected to the PC) when I launch Samsung Flow on the PC. If I launch Samsung Flow with the USB disconnected from the charging/data port on the phone, then I don't experience these connectivity issues with Samsung Flow.

0 Likes