Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Won't Update

(Topic created on: 10-22-2019 08:37 PM)
Tayo9ja
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I'm facing an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8. It won't update from Andriod Nougat. The last time it updated its Andriod security patch was in August 2017. When I click "Download Update Manually", it's won't select. I have also tried installing from SD. The response I get is " cannot install from external storage". Lastly, I have tried using smart switch, but it won't connect to my device. Kindly help

0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
Try this:
Settings - Apps - Three Dot Menu Top Right - Show System Apps - Search for Software Update - Clear Cache & Data for Software Update - Reboot & try again 🐧
champignon
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello You think your idea could help me i don't know what to do and scared to ruin it .. samsungs a5 2017
0 Likes
bufu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
there is ransomwear commonly know as kingcobra circulating the www.
boot into your hard boot recovery mode look at the logs if it is title cache/recovery you have the bot and everything is running out of a small partition or folder titled self! you have to either plug in and wipe or get the rom or ipsw ect to crash to enable the original rom stores in th eMMC to beable to wipe the memory, not a gaurentee it will wipe, try to update as things progress lj
0 Likes