Original topic:

Samsung Music Keeps Adding Duplicate Songs to Playlists (Samsung Galaxy S10)

(Topic created on: 02-04-2020 06:25 AM)
Jessca
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hello! I just recently started using Samsung Music, and I'm loving the design of the UI. However, now that I'm starting to sort my songs into playlists, I noticed that the app doesn't prompt me when I accidentally add duplicate songs into the same playlist. I also have the "Don't allow duplicate songs" feature checked off in the settings, but it keeps adding duplicate songs anyway. Has anyone found a solution to this? I also tried clearing the app's cache and data but to no avail.
0 Likes
21 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Good catch. I must admit I have never noticed this before but just tried to add a duplicate song to a play list and it allows it...
Maybe @Jeremy from Samsung can look into this and get back to us
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I had that issue I removed mine by going into Samsung files app. hit analyze and it shows what files are duplicated files. audio included you may have to check them off one by one as they are listed underneath one another. it is a bit time consuming but it does indeed remove the duplicate files form Samsung music. just remember to clear the trash can afterwards. each section in Samsung files has it's own trash bin
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Good info 👍
But I think they are talking about duplicates in playllists not duplicate files I don't think 🤔
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
he is talking about duplicate songs.
literally says the words "songs" at least twice in the post. not to mention the title of the post. the same method applies for both file types audio and other regardless.
analyse storage is the same method no matter what it searches for. select and delete what you want gone
Jessca
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks for the info lpo! But I was actually referring to the same song file being added twice in the same in-app playlist, rather than actual duplicate files in my storage. I'm sorry if there was any confusion in my wording!
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
you can't do those steps in the Samsung music app. has to be in the storage section. then when the app restarts or you restart the device they are gone. I done this already works in mine note 10 plus. any file type pdf pics video audio etc etc
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
that's ok not an issue. the info still applies, maybe not to your pictucler situation. I sapose it would help another member if they had the same issue. like the one I had described the with file duplicates. I as well am sorry I misunderstood the issue. so looks as if Echo 1 was on point there an the app needs some programming issue sorted out. hope it's in the next big fix for you.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
That is definately good to know 👍
I just did it and it saved me some space 🤪
Thanks!