Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Pay not working for Air miles

(Topic created on: 03-02-2020 05:53 PM)
Samsung_2SB7xFZ
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Since the last update, I am suddenly unable to use Samsung Pay for my air miles card at some merchants. It will not scan (says: "member not found"). These are merchants where it worked in the past. I have chatted 3 different times with 3 different online chat "experts" with no results. I have restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled, removed and re-added my air miles card, and still it does not work, and I am very frustrated. After reading many comments here, and many reviews of the app, it is clear that it is a problem with the newest update. Hopefully somebody has the ability to advise the correct people and the app can be fixed. Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I had the same issue, you will have to delete the card and re-add it, after I did that it worked for me again

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am sorry to hear you are having issues
When did you delete and re-add the card?
Make sure you have the latest app v3. 9.51 and delete the card/re-add it today. It should work.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Some merchants can't scan Air Miles from phone like Rona and I don't use Samsung Pay but Google pay.

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
This is a fault that was caused by the last update.... no matter what you do or try you can't fix it and Samsung says they are aware of this issue and will release a update to fix the problem.

Maybe one of the moderators can give us a update as to when we can expect this to be resolved..?????
0 Likes
EmCanc89
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
same here
0 Likes
Solution
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I had the same issue, you will have to delete the card and re-add it, after I did that it worked for me again
0 Likes
Solution
silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I am sorry to hear you are having issues
When did you delete and re-add the card?
Make sure you have the latest app v3. 9.51 and delete the card/re-add it today. It should work.
0 Likes
bingowings
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

I have v3. 9.51 and the air miles card does not work at SOME vendors, such as Sobeys and LCBO. Today, I deleted then re-added my air miles card and the app has more mistakes now. When I scan the bar code on my air miles card, the app adds an extra digit at the end. If I enter my card number manually (and correctly), the app says "the card number you entered is Invalid. Try again." I have a Galaxy S9, Android version 9

0 Likes
silbie123
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Hello again. Please scan the card and add it with the extra digit. The barcode is still correct (u can compare the barcode image with the card). It is detecting hidden number in the barcode. They are working to address this.
0 Likes
Samsung_2SB7xFZ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This worked. I deleted and re-downloaded the app, then re-added my air miles card (by scanning it), tried it out at Safeway, and it worked this time. I am assuming there was a fix to the app, but what is strange is that my air miles number that shows up in the app now (after scanning) has a "0" added to the end of it. Thank you.

Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Share the screenshot of the error message showing "member not found" and Phone model and Android version.

0 Likes