Original topic:

Samsung Pay suggestions

(Topic created on: 04-26-2018 03:31 PM)
진시형
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I'm glad that Samsung pay keeps expanding in Canada. I do believe that a lot of the suggestions I am about make are probably already on the table, as they've already been released in some countries.

- Paypal integration for Canadians. (I do know the last update in the U.S. gave them access to link their paypal account balance to Samsung Pay, and in China they have access to Alipay)
- Debit Visa/ Mastercard MST integration for outside Canada. (since Debit Mastercards and Visa cards are dual network with the Interac network, I am aware that MST would not function on the interac network, however when someone travels abroad, it would be nice if Samsung pay would recognize this and allow the MST feature to kick in on those cards, or it could be manually turned on outside Canada, and if within Canada the option would be grayed out.
-Transit Cards. I do know Korea, China, the Singapore, the U.K. already have those options. It would either be nice if we also had the option to add those cards, as people do travel abroad. ( I for instance am going to Korea shortly, but having the Canadian version of Samsung pay limits my options in terms of digital payments with my T-money/Cashbee.
I have also read that the STM in Montreal and the TTC in Toronto, are in development of digital payment options, it would be of added convenience if Samsung pay was the first to jump at this opportunity.
-Reward points/in app shopping. I know the U.S. and Korea already have a rewards system. and Korea has intergrated Gmarket (owned by ebay korea) within the app for online shopping. Perhaps a similar partnership with Ebay Canada could be integrated here as well?

Maybe this is all wishful thinking, but it would be nice if these features were implemented here.

Thanks.ba2afefc-70c8-466b-9bed-69b56ee75c05.jpg
2e1caeea-6bd0-4db6-900b-6bdc976aa19a.jpg
d4677956-aa74-468b-8b73-01abc0da9634.png
558fbbe2-b4eb-41a8-b328-3a1fc2b4097c.jpg
5 Comments
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @진시형, That is really good idea! Could you please submit this as a suggestion to be possibly implemented in a future release? From the New Topic screen, open the “Category” dropdown and select “Suggestion”. Thank you for your feedback!

- Wonchul
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That's all things that would make the S Experience even better. I really look forward any development on the matter.

(Transit cards may be more complicated at the moment. I.E. the OPUS card thing, and refilling it [that Java-based reader is laughable]. Not impossible and I know they can do it.)
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
They've already made an app (The STM) they released an article in the news about it 2 years ago on cbc and tva. They said they would only pilot it with employees, and that they had no plan released as they wanted to be able to release the app on the iphone and android, but because apple doesn't allow access to the nfc chip, they are not able to roll it out on iphone therefore abandoned the project....
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yeah I read that article too. The more complicated issue would be that they must have all the RTM's titles working in that virtual OPUS, and there's more than a hundred of them. AND an OPUS card must be able to store 12 of those titles at the same time.
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Another request for Canada... give us Gear Support!
0 Likes