Original topic:

Samsung S10 GPS issues

(Topic created on: 10-22-2019 08:43 AM)
sam10sung
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I have a brand new S10 and today I was using Maps with GPS for the first time. The GPS does put me in the currect physical location but my pointer is always 90 degrees off. Which makes navigation confusing. I tried turning it off and on again, refreshing it, tried Improve Accuracy settings by letting apps scan WiFi and Bluetooth in the background. Nothing works. My pointer is always 90 degrees off the correct direction. Does anyone have any solutions or has been experiencing this too?

0 Likes
3 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
in google map settings

-make sure 'keep north up' is deselect
-make sure to calibrate the compass (i believe its under 'location accuracy tips')
sam10sung
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

The first solution was already deselected. As for the second, I cant find any options for gps calibration. When I select 'Location Accuracy Tips' I only get a pop up that tells me 'Location Setting has already been optimized'.

The problem persists.

0 Likes
sully
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
hey, firstly, does your phone have any case on. Secondly are there any magnets on it as this disrupts the devices magnatic field which directly affects gps compass. If you dont have a case on, to calibrate the gps, open maps and click on the blue dot (you on the map). Doing that will open up a blue menu. You'll see calibrate compass on the bottom left, tap that and follow instructions. Update me if issue is fixed
0 Likes