Original topic:

Samsung S20+ lag

(Topic created on: 05-19-2020 09:12 AM)
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Just started using my new S20+ for around a week, moved everything over from my S10. Was smooth and everything at first then the overheating problem came. Was playing the new game blade and soul revolution, able to experience major frame drops. That's not really the major issue, when I was searching for something on Google Chrome, when typing in the search bar, the whole phone lags and froze. Swiping up to exit the app was not possible, the phone started overheating for a few seconds and back to normal. RM3999 for this device is really not worth it at all. 
If anyone of you is using s10 or older samsung devices looking for an upgrade, recommend to not upgrade to s20, if you really need to upgrade, do not recommend you to continue getting Samsung devices.

I ran a geekbench test on my S20+, the below is the results. With single core score going 435, that is worst than the galaxy S9. Model from 2 years ago is performing better than this RM3999 phone. 

Really felt like I got scammed big here. Really nothing much to say, I have totally nothing to say. Just feel sad.

20 Comments
alittlechild
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
you should ask for replacement
0 Likes
YenChe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What is single core score? How much would b considered good?
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The phone is octa-core, the single core performance is the average speed of each one out of the 8.
0 Likes
YenChe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If samsung s20ultra is it worthy to buy? I just bought.. 😂 Lol
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Would say no! S20 Ultra has a very serious problem about its camera with auto focusing problems. Also using the exynos chip. Totally not worth it. The charging problem too after the new software update. Samsung is really messing things up
0 Likes
YenChe
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I wish i knew it earlier. I spent so much for just a phone
0 Likes
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
That is true, but most usage scenario would be ok. Exynos chip is really not that good in performance, battery life and gpu if compared to Snapdragon flagship, but depending on the type of person you are, it should be enough (am using S9 with Exynos 9810, still fine for most shorter hour gaming or general use, but the battery drain is real!)

In case of the camera, I have nothing to say because it's true to have the problem also, so if you bought it, you just have to hope Samsung keep provides you the software update to help the camera of S20U get better. The 108MP camera and periscope zoom is really cool feature though...

That's my suggestion, don't be too quick to judge the phone is not good if you have not experienced it yourself, because different type ppl, different uses. Maybe you can use it for a while and share with us other members the experience, would love to hear it. But I do agree it's not worthy to buy at RM4999 though XD.
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
every time if you are free go to device care-memory and clean memory. do it from time to time. and see if there is any change
0 Likes
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried that. I have restarted my phone and try running geekbench again, the single core performance became 439