Original topic:

Samsung S20+ lag

(Topic created on: 05-19-2020 09:18 AM)
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Just started using my new S20+ for around a week, moved everything over from my S10. Was smooth and everything at first then the overheating problem came. Was playing the new game blade and soul revolution, able to experience major frame drops. That's not really the major issue, when I was searching for something on Google Chrome, when typing in the search bar, the whole phone lags and froze. Swiping up to exit the app was not possible, the phone started overheating for a few seconds and back to normal. RM3999 for this device is really not worth it at all. 
If anyone of you is using s10 or older samsung devices looking for an upgrade, recommend to not upgrade to s20, if you really need to upgrade, do not recommend you to continue getting Samsung devices.

I ran a geekbench test on my S20+, the below is the results. With single core score going 435, that is worst than the galaxy S9. Model from 2 years ago is performing better than this RM3999 phone. 

Really felt like I got scammed big here. Really nothing much to say, I have totally nothing to say. Just feel sad.

kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
and remember to close all app every time
0 Likes
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
To further check into the situation, I tried running antutu and the results is... 443468 with the cpu temperature averaging 60°c to 70°c. The average S20+ exynos 990 should be around 519k. and mine is this.
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
just do that from time to time. device care-memory and clean memory
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Just awhile ago, my phone just suddenly won't charge. Plugging in the 25W charger, the charging sign came up but it just doesn't charge at all then I plugged s10 charger in the battery charges and now the 25W is charging normally again. Is it really just me that I have gotten a faulty device?
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
hmm there is something wrong
0 Likes
KyleNg
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
The score from a RM2799 phone
0 Likes
AdamWilcon
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
it's because Exynos chip is **bleep**😅
0 Likes
kk7
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
maybe
0 Likes
MOD_2
Options
Galaxy S

Dear  KyleNg,

This is Moderator from Samsung Members Community.

We would like to advise you visit our service centre for further diagnosis.

Overheat might caused by many factors and you can make your appointment here.

Thank you.

ZYYL
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
As the moderator have reached out to you, I do believe this is a faulty set issue... If Samsung did not help you solve it, maybe try to do a hard reset of the phone. Then turn it off for a few hours and then turn it on again to see if the problem persist... if still problem then I don't know alrd. Hopefully Samsung can help you with the problem you're experiencing.