Original topic:

Samsung S8 poor Touch screen sensitivity

(Topic created on: 04-24-2017 09:41 AM)
burleyk
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Just picked up my new S8 on Saturday and am struggling with the Touch screen. Typing is quite laborious and even scrolling and choosing options can take some effort. I find I am having to hit keys multiple times for them to register where as they worked quite smoothly on my S6. I did some of the sensitivity testing provided in the members app and I couldn't get any boxes to drag on the left side. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to increase sensitivity or is this a possible defect?
0 Likes
9 Comments
BCSS
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
have you tried to reset ur phone? or did u go to store where u purchase?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
i have noticed this too, but very very minimum. It occurs here and there but not enough for me to call it as an issue..
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @burleyk, are you using a screen protector with your S8? I've seen some complaints about certain screen protectors that reduce touch screen sensitivity. -Nick
Nadine
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am having the same issue, I do have a screen protector on. I question whether the issue is the phone or the glass screen protector.
0 Likes
TheApostle
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Most screen protectors reduces screen sensitivity especially GLASS screen protectors.
0 Likes
SirTj
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Also noticed this
0 Likes
jeesquat
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Had a screen protector on and it was awful, take it off and it will correct itself also their is a section on the settings to add sensitivity.
0 Likes
Jonathan34
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
maybe try running the diagnostic check in the Samsung members app, has an area for touch screen
0 Likes
RICKSHAW31018
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
i had screen protector ( not sure what type or brand - got at BEST BUY) on my S6: never any problem with touch sensitivity; in fact i could almost not touch the screen i.e hover over keyboard keys when typing and have the key letter displayed. With S8 i have cover but notice i really have to make contact with screen letters on keyboard. As some other poster mentioned the efgect is not always unversal i.e. it does not happen in all typing based locations...some sensitivitivity is a lot worse and i would litetally have to pound on the screen with my finger to get a response from the screen...entering name in a fill in fied for example. Not sure...think its glass protector on this phone. Got so frustrated iwas almost going to return phone to WIRELESS etc at local COSTCO. FRIEND bought me a stylus to use but i find stylus rubber tip a little too spongy. I think SAMSUNG should do some research on this particularly before release of S9 to either recommend certain type of screen protector or warn against using them at all or provide a sensitivity adjustment in settings.

0 Likes