Original topic:

Samsung flow USB issue

(Topic created on: 05-16-2020 01:57 PM)
Farid87
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

I'm using Samsung Flow on my laptop which is running on Win10 Pro with my Samsung Xcover4 running with Android 9.

I need to connect it on USB, Samsung Flow discover correctly the device with USB but when I click on it I have a message meaning that I should upgrade to Android 10...

I tested same device with another computer and it was working correctly.

How could be the reason why I can't start the connection whereas the device is recognized by Samsung Flow?

Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes
2 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Farid87,
If "Allow Companion device for secondary authentication" is disabled on your laptop, your phone or devices will not successfully register.

To fix this, first select the search bar on the Windows task bar and enter gpedit.msc. Then, go to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Microsoft Secondary Authentication Factor > Allow Companion device for secondary authentication.

Check if the option is disabled. If it is, select Enabled. Then, select the search bar on the Windows task bar, and enter gpupdate/force. Once that is complete, reboot your laptop.
0 Likes
Bobmarley88
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

on my computer the microsoft secondary Authentication Factor isnt there... is this depending if i have the Authentication active or not? Im asking because its hard to imagine...

0 Likes