shady
Active Level 3
In the past week have had to soft reset my phone 2 times. I woke up, checked my phone only to find it was unresponsive. It was on as I could see the led flashing but I couldn't power it down, home button was unresponsive ... Basically it was just a black screen. Today I tried to check messages and the same thing happened again. I was playing music with the phone and the music was still playing screen but wouldn't turn on. Had to do a soft reset again.... Anyone else having the same issues?
8 Comments
Brando
Active Level 9
Definitely not normal. You might have to send it off for repiars or go discuss this issue with the carrier you bought the s8 from.
RAVEN81
Active Level 3
I've had mine freeze about 10 times I've had mine since launch it's nothing to worry about you are a beta tester for a brand new phone they will get the bugs out of the system momentarily s8+
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Two things 1) Did you have your phone face down so you have the edge alert light up the edge? 2) Did you plug it into a steel using an AUX cable? Found that those two things used at the same time will make my phone do that. Last update fixed it...or did it? Try Power Button >Bixby Button (Bixby should activate) >Power Button ( Off/On again). I've tried this a dozen times and that is the sequence that makes it work.
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
into a stereo*
shady
Active Level 3
Thank you for the advice. I was not using an aux cord but I was connected to my car using Bluetooth. I will try pressing the dedicated bixby button next time to see if that works but I am certain I did last time no avail.
ZenoKnite
Active Level 6
The freezes are pretty frequent in comparison to my old S6. I figure it has to do with the OS going through many bug fixes and upgrades that are being added regularly. As the phone matures, the software will become more stable.
shady
Active Level 3
I never had any issues with my s6 actually, just some slight lag on occasion but let's hope they sort out the issues on the s8
acheney1990
Active Level 6
I also have this issue. I even sent it in to Samsung for repair... the place said they replaced the motherboard...it's still occasionally freezing. It locks up and becomes useless until I restart it. Annoying for sure.