Original topic:

Samsung galaxy s8 freezing

(Topic created on: 08-04-2017 04:13 PM)
shady
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
In the past week have had to soft reset my phone 2 times. I woke up, checked my phone only to find it was unresponsive. It was on as I could see the led flashing but I couldn't power it down, home button was unresponsive ... Basically it was just a black screen. Today I tried to check messages and the same thing happened again. I was playing music with the phone and the music was still playing screen but wouldn't turn on. Had to do a soft reset again.... Anyone else having the same issues?
0 Likes
8 Comments
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Definitely not normal. You might have to send it off for repiars or go discuss this issue with the carrier you bought the s8 from.
0 Likes
RAVEN81
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I've had mine freeze about 10 times I've had mine since launch it's nothing to worry about you are a beta tester for a brand new phone they will get the bugs out of the system momentarily s8+
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Two things 1) Did you have your phone face down so you have the edge alert light up the edge? 2) Did you plug it into a steel using an AUX cable? Found that those two things used at the same time will make my phone do that. Last update fixed it...or did it? Try Power Button >Bixby Button (Bixby should activate) >Power Button ( Off/On again). I've tried this a dozen times and that is the sequence that makes it work.
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
into a stereo*
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you for the advice. I was not using an aux cord but I was connected to my car using Bluetooth. I will try pressing the dedicated bixby button next time to see if that works but I am certain I did last time no avail.
0 Likes
ZenoKnite
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The freezes are pretty frequent in comparison to my old S6. I figure it has to do with the OS going through many bug fixes and upgrades that are being added regularly. As the phone matures, the software will become more stable.
0 Likes
shady
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I never had any issues with my s6 actually, just some slight lag on occasion but let's hope they sort out the issues on the s8
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I also have this issue. I even sent it in to Samsung for repair... the place said they replaced the motherboard...it's still occasionally freezing. It locks up and becomes useless until I restart it. Annoying for sure.
0 Likes