Original topic:

Samsung internet

(Topic created on: 03-21-2018 06:23 AM)
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
ok so this started happeing, I don't want it to ask me every time when downloading something. it's not because of Oreo. it's just annoying and it happens when you're downloading anything from the Samsung Internet. is there a way to turn this off24058737-bd9c-45e0-bc32-6b01126a967d.jpg
0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy S
@Emperor, can you be more specific? What do you want to turn off?
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
the notification that pops up asking to download file
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I think it does that on every browser doesn't it ? it prevents accidental downloads and this way you can name the file you are downloading so you know what you downloaded later on
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
it was never there before
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Emperor, as @Habsfan mentioned, I also think that it does do it for every browser, Samsung Internet browser will show that popup and allow you to rename it, Chrome shows a popup at the bottom to confirm the download. It those popups weren't there, then you could potentially download malware or spyware on your phone without knowing, also it could cause you to use up your monthly data without knowing.
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
chrome is perfect it doesn't ask me to rename it which is what I want. just looking for a way to turn it off for Samsung Internet63d15532-9e58-4573-b575-5ac09b99dc02.jpg
0 Likes
Brando
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I believe it was there before, I don't think it gave you the option to rename the file before but there was always a confirmation when downloading a file.
0 Likes
Emperor7
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
yea I'm not concerned about the confirmation just that rename part. it opens up the keyboard every single time. it's just annoying
0 Likes
MCKAIG
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yeah, the renaming part is new. I ran into it today.
0 Likes