Original topic:

Samsung keyboard themes

(Topic created on: 10-29-2018 03:55 AM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
Please add keyboard themes for Samsung keyboard in pie.

I would like to use default keyboard and would like a dark theme (not the contrast one) 
6 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Themes can mod the keyboard. Or you can use Swift Installer like I and others here do.efcf65bc-639e-4d15-965b-4188280b04f8.jpg
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
@chnultimedia I know but it changes everything. I prefer everything stock. Presently I also use SwiftKey but I am just giving suggestion for future, doesn't hurt to do that. We already have store for watch faces, icons, wallpaper or themes seperately so why not for keyboard too or maybe Samsung can make some themes themselves.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I'd love independent keyboard themes as well. There are some great themes that happen to come with awful keyboards, and all I want to do is change the keyboard.
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Alright idea if you're a stock user. As much as Experience UI is awesome it still isn't quite Nova Launcher.
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hi @Google, that is really good idea! Currently the Galaxy S9 default keyboard does not have different themes to choose from (latest version for Galaxy S9 currently is: 3.023.58).
Could you please submit this as a suggestion to be possibly implemented in a future release? From the New Topic screen, open the “Category” drop-down and select “Suggestion”. Thank you for your feedback!
-Irene

side-note:
Recent phones like the note9 currently do have different default keyboard themes (latest version for note9 currently is: 3.2.01.51)
The theme can be changed in: settings > general management > language and input > on-screen keyboard > Samsung keyboard > keyboard layout and feedback > keyboard themes > (there should be 4 themes to choose from)
0 Likes
chaton
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I agree it would be very cool to have keyboard themes be part of the theme store. just like wallpapers, AOD, etc... it would be cool also if multilingual recognition was brought back. I still can't quite understand why on earth this functionality was taken away with Oreo.
0 Likes