Original topic:

Samsung needs to stop DISRESPECTING S8 users as disposables

(Topic created on: 02-18-2019 11:21 PM)
Lionhunt
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Seriously, we the S8 users are literally the ones who put faith in Samsung amidst the Note 7 exploding fiasco. A phone that got banned in flights, public spaces etc.. Yet the loyal fans bought the S8 who's sales couldve singlehandedly permanently buried the company if it swung the other way. 

But no, we are not asking for free phones in compensation or what not. What we need is a little respect that Samsung is just overlooking. The fact that S8 still does not have the Android 9 update shows how serious Samsung is about it. Regardless of the calendar schedule or not, this is absolutely absurd and embarrassing as someone who just feels that the company I put faith in is just caring about latest customers rather than the ones who actually participated to save it when no one else did. 

Now some S8 OneUI beta is out, but it's only for international variants. Literally! Do your North American customers not matter considering North America were the ones who heard the most about these exploding note 7s. Is Samsung trying to say a Xiaomi Mi A2 lite or Nokia 6 is capable of Android 9 but the S8 Snapdragon variant is not despite having higher specs?? 

What Samsung needs to do is to get rid of this favoritism of their just few months old customers and start treating their loyal ones equally. They need to stop this disparity between Snapdragon and Exynos variants and just treat them the same too. They treat Snapdragon phones like historic obsolete devices for reasons which make no sense other than their own pride. And lastly, Samsung needs to literally release OneUi asap for S8 users (ALL VERSIONS). If literally 1/3 priced chinese "Snapdragon" phones are running Android 9 since last year, then Samsung has no excuse at all to warrant this behaviour. 

So please Samsung, remove your ego over your customers who actually trusted you when the world was against you. And actually treat us S8 users with the respect we deserve. 
27 Comments
helpme1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Do any of you Samsung haters (whose ranks I am fast approaching with a Galaxy 8 that still screws up after 3 times back on warranty the last time returned with new battery and circuit board and screwed up data) tell me how to shut down something called FINDER that invaded my screen and wont go away even after I managed to turn off its access to everything? never had these kind of problems with my 5 or 7, this 8 has been crap from day 1. 'Sup with that?
0 Likes
franklinknibgob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hey leoliondude, was just reading your comment and I gotta say WOW-maybe go outside and get some fresh air, you know-walk away from the phone for 2 mins. My other comment eas-WHI GIVES A SHIT!!!
0 Likes
franklinknibgob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
man you (so-called) dudes should be watching a hockey game or playing house with the old lady! man anything, picking your nose is a better use of your time than yammering about an inanimate object "on line". how old are you people!!??
0 Likes
franklinknibgob
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
it's just a goddamn phone that knows a few tricks ( so to speak), same as every other fricking gadget!
0 Likes
zhof
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
dont forget the 4k 60fps in exynos ...why snapdragon cant get it ???!!!!
0 Likes
KingKingTV
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
I do agree, but in regards to the total lack of HDR content. 1)Netflix never supported it. Later devices added instantaneously. 2) available HDR on Prime and YouTube are throttled to 1080pHDR. Note 8 got 1440pHDR and so did later releasing devices.
0 Likes
Cynthia67
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I upgraded just few months ago to A8 from the A5. how do I remove the A5 in cloud ? under devices I have A5 and A8. sorry I am lost with this
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Do you mean Samsung or Google Cloud? But in either case it should be the same account you added - Google does also allow you to remove a device that you no longer use or have - For that you need to sign in to your Google account and go to Settings - Security... If this is what you mean?
0 Likes