Original topic:

Samsung s10 sensor

(Topic created on: 06-25-2020 12:37 AM)
levaughn
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Does the galaxy s10 have a proximity gesture sensor covering the screen? I will have my thumb over the screen(not touching the screen) but apps will open, as if I physically touch the screen. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S

Hi levaughn, I believe those accidental touches are due to the nature of the S10's curved screen.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes - Your device has a Proximity / Light Sensor - I believe that what's happening when your Finger is near - But not touching the screen - MAY be the result of static electricity - From what I understand - The touch screen uses the miniscule change in electrical current when you physically touch the screen - But I wouldn't be surprised that occasionally the static electricity from your Finger - Might be sufficient to make the screen respond.
I don't think that it's anything to be concerned about - Unless it's happening all the time.
You can use the Diagnostics here on the Samsung Members app to test the "touch" sensitivity of your screen.

You can also change the settings of your Touch screen from - Settings - Display - Accidental Touch & Sensitivity.
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks ZMAHD and Shaggyskunk1.

Hi levaughn, Please try to change the touch sensitivity in the settings as suggested by Cassidy and get back to us with the results.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
C'mon dude
whatty
the
fuddy duddy
is going on here🤔😣

If you can do that then I'm making a new word and I'll put it in an original sentence 🤪...

Are you "genericizing" us today 🙃👈

Based off this...
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/genericize
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm proud of you @keagan ✌️
Your in the home stretch...
Your almost there...

AGAIN...
the only reason this is happening is bc...
I don't use the messaging feature

(THAT'S BEEN APPARENTLY ALREADY SENT AS FEEDBACK 🤦🤷)
that's 👉👉👉👉NOT👈👈👈👈 on the app even if I did want to use it, sooo this is the only way to sing you A Song 🎵🎼🎶

Ps
Id serenade you but I wouldn't wanna make @Cassidy jealous though 😂🤣😭
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Thanks @keagan

thank you for always thinking of me but the advice was given by Shaggyskunk1 and ZMAHD 😉 not by me...

Somebody else is  dreaming at me ? 👀 💬

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup I think your right @Cassidy you have a genuine, under the cover lover❤️💕

😭Someone please 🤣
mark this as a solution 🤣😭

@keagan ✌️
All in fun

Or in your language

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100100 01101111 01110000 01100101 00001101 00001010

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Cassidy.... It's my mistake ... I hope Shaggyskunk won't mind it. Sorry.

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
If you delete
or fix it I guess 🤦

I'll delete all mine 🤙👍

👉
I don't use the messaging feature that's 👉NOT👈 on the app, sooo only one way to sing a song 🙃😭
👈