Original topic:

Screen Burn-in (Samsung vs Apple)

(Topic created on: 07-04-2019 07:50 AM)
Dasonl
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I got Youtube burn-in on my Galaxy S8 from just 6 months of use (it has been a year from that), but the burn-in has not gotten any worse. Is this a problem with all oled panels on Samsung phones? How about on iOS devices. I know that eventually all devices will get it, but on big devices like the Note 9, and the S10+, what are the chances? Is it worth the risk? Burn-in ruins the quality of the screen, it **bleep**. 

The XR has a much lower screen ppi and display resolution than all modern day smartphones, but will I have burn-in issues? The lower quality LCD screen may reduce the chances?
0 Likes
7 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Had Samsung Galaxy S series since they 1st came out now have the S10+.... never had issues with screen burn in.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If you let a static element on ANY OLED display from any brand, this will happen. Just bring it to a service center and they'll fix that for free.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The ONLY Galaxy device that I ever had any burn-in was my Skyrocket... Never had any issues with any of my Note devices or S7 S8+ S9+ S10+
What brightness level are you using? If it's on Max brightness for 24 hours a day... then MAYBE - But with normal use I can't see it happening 🐧
jeppy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same issue with screen burn my brightness has never been up over halfway and it's only certain icons I can see burnt onto the screen
0 Likes
jeppy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the same issue on both my s8 what did u do to fix
0 Likes
Galaxy S
The only Samsung device that I ever had any issues with burn-in was my Skyrocket about 10 years ago!
I've never had any issues with burn-in on any other Samsung device - including my S8+ / S9+ and my S10+.....
I've pretty much always used a dark or AMOLED Black theme on all of them - Maybe that's why?
Here's a screenshot of the Display Settings on my S10+

There's probably not much you can do to fix it properly - other than to replace the screen...
0 Likes
jeppy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
ya good call dark mode would work
0 Likes