Original topic:

Screen protector

(Topic created on: 10-31-2020 07:38 AM)
richiev
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I just got an S20 and wondering if someone can recommend what is the best screen protector for it ? I've heard it's tricky because it may affect the fingerprint recognition.
Thx a lot !
0 Likes
4 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi richiev, We recommend to use Samsung-approved screen protector. Samsung cannot guarantee compatibility with 3’rd party products because the fingerprint performance may be affected depending on the thickness and structure of protection films or screen protectors.

richiev
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks ! is there a list somewhere of Samsung approved brands or models ?
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi richiev, Thanks for your suggestions @gokongming

You could also find the screen protector for your S20 on the Samsung Canada parts website, Service center (Heartland Town Centre and Montreal Service Center ), Retailers (i.e. Best Buy, Staples, Source), UbreakiFix, Mobileklink, Hitsfar: hitfar.com, Cesium: cesiumonline.com

Galaxy S
hi, if you prefer the film protector there are lots on amazon, we have people using spigen brand for film, for tempered glass that is compatible with fingerprint scanner and curved glass for me, i use the whitestonedome glass, its kinda expensive though, but there is a cheaper one with same installation process, AM Film..

these are not samsung brand, but i wish samsung will provide a tempered glass for their curved smartphones with the same installation process...

btw the tempered glass might slow down the detection of your fingerprint, but it works...