Original topic:

Sending Phone For Repair For Freezing

(Topic created on: 07-30-2017 04:43 PM)
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy S
I've contacted Samsung and will be sending my S8 Plus in for repair. It keeps locking up a couple times a day and becomes unusable until I force restart it with the side buttons. I've tried wiping the cache, factory resetting the phone, trying without SD card, got a new SD card and trying it with no apps. Still always comes back. I'm hoping the repair won't take too long as I'll be without a phone.
0 Likes
17 Comments
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Oh and I assume it will fully wipe my phone. I'm going to do this first thing in the morning.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
you will have to download GBs worth of software that will take time to download. install smart switch software and you can try next step tomorrow
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Thanks. I did what you suggested. Now I'm going to give it a day or two to see if it has fixed it or not. I'll update here later.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
good to hear that there is no problem so far.
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Glad to report at the end of day one the phone hasn't frozen once. I'm still going to give it a day or two but I thinking redoing stuff with Smart Switch on the PC might have done it. Battery life seems better to. Hope it keeps this up and it's not just a placebo. Thanks again so much.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Glad to hear. Common mistake I encounter with user is that they restore their phone after reset which restores problem as well. I really hope you don't have to send your phone to service center.
0 Likes
Toludee
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
please let us know if it still freezes my s8 plus is also begining to freeze as well
0 Likes
acheney1990
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Yes it has started freezing again. I'll be sending it back tomorrow.
0 Likes