Original topic:

Settings Error

(Topic created on: 05-28-2019 07:43 AM)
Shan
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

I've been getting this message ever since the last update. I did a factory reset and it's still popping up. Someone please help!! 
0 Likes
19 Comments
Galaxy S
Since you said you performed a Factory Reset - There's likely TWO Night Mode QS Tiles - One of them Crashes when you click on it - Go to the QS Tiles Settings - Three Dot Menu Top Right - Button Order and Select the Night Mode QS Tile that Crashes & Remove (drag it) From the QS Tiles View - Reboot 🐧
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Omg someone sticky this holy shh thanks Shaggyskunk1
LouLouT
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
what is QS Tiles? my s9 is also doing this.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
QS Tiles are the Quick Settings Tiles that allow you quick access to various settings - ie: Toggle On / Off WiFi - Cellular Data - Location etc.

The Settings has Stopped is a known issue with the last OTA for the S9 series 🐧
If you have the same issue - Follow the instructions from my previous post - You SHOULD also Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache 🕊

To Wipe Cache:

Power Off your device - Press & Hold Power + Bixby +Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to - Wipe Cache - Select it with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu default to - Reboot & Select with the Power button.
LouLouT
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
if I do a factory reset do I have to download all of my apps again? that's a whole lot of work.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I never suggested that you perform a Factory Reset 😉
I said that you should Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache - Wiping Cache doesn't remove any of your Apps - Settings etc 🐧
I also said that you need to edit the QS Tiles & Remove the Night Mode QS Tile that Crashes (Since you likely have two of them)...
FYI - IF you backup your device with Smart Switch BEFORE you Factory Reset - It really doesn't take that long - But AGAIN - I never said anything about doing a Factory Reset.... 😉🙂
Shan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I did everything you said. I actually removed both night modes. Now let's see if that error message still pops up.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - You didn't NEED to remove both - Just the one that Crashes - I've enabled Night Mode from Developer Options fwiw 🐧
You should see pretty quickly if you are going to get "Settings has Stopped" - But I'm pretty sure that you won't 😉

Here's the Night Mode QS Tile on my S9+ and it works fine 🕊
Galaxy S
Hey @Shan can you confirm that the "Settings has Stopped" error is resolved for you? @LouLouT is saying that it isn't working for them... But everyone else who had this issue was resolved by the steps I outlined.. Thanks 🐧