Original topic:

Severe S9 Camera Lag

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 07:08 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
Is anyone else on S9 Series experiencing intense Camera app lag? The performance of the Camera app has really been choppy on S9 Series after the Android 10 update. 

After I close the Camera app, surprisingly, my S9 with 4gb of ram falls short to about 304mb left. It is really frustrating experiencing this poor Camera app performance.

A day I go, I had a chance to save a fellow witness by recording something but the Camera app was too slow unfortunately and I missed the exact moment. I would've been able to prove as a witness but due to the performance of the Camer app, I was unable too. 

I have tried clearing cache partition, cache of the Camera app itself, restarting my phones but nothing works.

Looks like Samsung has to improve the performance/operation of the app from there end. Please take a look into this Samsung.

Thanks,
0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy S
When Samsung eventually releases a planed update & after you have tried to accept credit - Don't.

In the meantime - Don't just clear the cache for the Camera app - ALSO Clear the Data for the Camera.

If you're still believing that the Camera is lagging for you - Backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset..

ESPECIALLY important after an Android Version Update - I ALWAYS perform a Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version Update & have NEVER had any issues whatsoever.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi@makeanimationssmooth,
As mentioned by Shaggyskunk1, we suggest you to perform the Factory reset and check if it works.
Note: Please make sure that you have back up your phone data using Smart switch before factory data reset and remove all the accounts from your phone otherwise it will erase all the data from the phone and read all the on-screen instructions as well.
Go to Settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Reset>>Delete All.
Thanks @Shaggyskunk1 for your information and explanation.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Try clearing your device's cache partition

check this out:
http://pileetan.blogspot.com/2020/07/clear-cache-partition-s910-note-910-s20.html
0 Likes