Original topic:

Should I update to Nougat 7 or stay on Marshmallow?

(Topic created on: 04-25-2017 05:04 PM)
bitnamus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Ive had the notification to update my s7 edge to nougat for a week now. Should I update or wait for a fix? I heard theres a lot of issues on nougat?

Thanks,
0 Likes
15 Comments
Galaxy S
I would update to the Nougat 7. I recently updated to Nougat and had no issues what so ever during and after the update. This update made my phone faster, easier to navigate the software and made categories a lot cleaner and the phone lots more efficient. I LIKE IT!!!!!!
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I recomend updating to nougat as I agree that everything works as well or better than on marshmallow. Save your data Incase you have to reset as I have read from others that this solves alot of the problems experienced by some. I can't say that I have seen any disadvantages from updating and no big problems.
0 Likes
xant3r
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I also did not face any issues. Just clear cache after updating if you face issues.
0 Likes
bitnamus
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
How do you clear cache?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You need to launch your phone into Android Recovery Mode. To do this turn your phone off. Then hold the Power, Volume and home screen button to turn the phone back on. When you see the Samsung logo, release the power button but still holding the Volume and home button. You will see an android and from there you can clear your cache.
I would recommend upgrading to 7.0 most of "issues" or bugs people are talking about all depends on how you use your phone. Personally I have had no issues with 7.0
0 Likes
AedMig
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I am also hesitant at first becauae of all the "issues" read here at the forum but i still update mine and i made the right choice.😎
0 Likes
bitnamus
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Well thats bizzare because in here everyone was complaining... guess theres no issues anymore?
0 Likes
Fongy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Have the regular S7.

Only complaint I have is that you need an extra step to turn on mobile data (tapping 4 times to turn it on instead of 3). Marshmellow had quick settings in the settings menu (Data usage quick setting icon) Android 7 does not have that anymore. Oh and mobile hotspot notification tray icon is gone also. There is also some new stuff too

- Turning on Mobile Data
- Hotspot notification quick setting icon is gone
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I was having issues, but did a back up and factory reset, all was well. I restored the mobile data and hotspot toggles by using a tutorial on the xda site. I put the [tip] in a post further down the message board dated 04/14
0 Likes