Original topic:

Significant keyboard lag - S10 plus

(Topic created on: 05-20-2020 04:09 AM)
Dayim
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Lately whenever I try to switch back and forth between apps or go back to the home screen after texting someone. They keyboard stays on screen for a couple of seconds longer. Even the keystrokes on the keyboard are slower and keep lagging while I type. This is new and began a week or two ago. 

I tried the basics: Running device maintenance, restarting the device. Any recommendations? A flagship shouldn't lag like this. 

Below is an image of what the keyboard does when I go back to the apps screen or menu.

13 Comments
Tomasso
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I encountred this problem too but with the two lastest updates i have not meet this lag anymore , try to check out the lastest updates of samsung keyboard in galaxy store , hope you'll solve the problem *
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Been having the issue since that update actually. Never had an issue with other updates. Idk why this.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Try restarting your device.
0 Likes
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Already did that.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Did you try clearing your cache partition in recovery ?
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
@Dayim wrote
" Been having the issue since that update actually. Never had an issue with other updates. Idk why this."

@GG2
Yeah this needs to be tried 🤙👍
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-EN-FR/td-p/3156063
Dayim
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I'll try it now.
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

@Dayim,

Have you wiped the cache partition of your device? 

0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I switched keyboards. my s20 ultra was doing this too.
0 Likes