Original topic:

Software update weird behaviour

(Topic created on: 09-18-2017 08:46 AM)
Chris74
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I went this morning in settings/Software Update, and manually check for updates.
I got back a message saying that my software was modified and something, and to try using pc or go to a service center...I said wtf
I restart and its all good now..
The only thing I did to the phone was to add data icon on quick panel using adb...but I did that from the moment I got the phone 3 months ago and updated the phone couple of times already
phone is not rooted.
weird no?
0 Likes
4 Comments
Mds96
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Strange I, but if your solution was solved as quickly as that, I would not really worry about it again any time soon.
0 Likes
stevenhwang
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
You may have touched the knox settings of the phone when you used ADB for the Data toggle. It is commonly referred to as "Tripping the knox", which is Samsung's security. That is why it is something you have to be careful while doing such process. That may mean you have voided your warrenty for your phone. It is very hard to reset the knox, as it is also risky. I do not recommend doing that. I would recommend Samsung support from here, as they may help. I hope this helped!
0 Likes
Chris74
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
knox is not tripped. I already checked that in download mode. Plus I already did that couple of times and did updates. After each update data button is not available in quick settings, thats why Im keep doing it...If knox would have been tripped I wouldn't be able 2 do updates in the past, or even check for updates. That message happen just 1 single time. After I reboot I was able 2 check 4 updates and no message...Thats why is strange 2 me...Again phone is not rooted and knox shows 0x0...so not tripped
0 Likes
LazyGhost
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
ADB Fastshell does NOT trip Knox. I have used it extensively with my S8+ and other Samsung devices. Sounds like you might have a wayward app or APK file doing something in the background.
0 Likes