Original topic:

Software updates

(Topic created on: 11-20-2019 07:44 AM)
Daniyaal
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung should provide updates for their phones for at least 6 years. Like, do you see Apple? They supported their iPhone 5S for so long and Samsung isn't supporting the S7 Edge for 3 years? Worst service ever. Think I should just switch to Apple.
7 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Nope, Google's at 3 years now. OG Pixels launched in 7.1 and are running 10
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Look at what Apple does with old phones and updates! like throttling in the processor. The sad thing is people think apple is still the best when its actually been behide since the iPhone 4s in terms of Innovation and new features. Android has just become more and more like a true pocket pc well apple keeps the doors closed. That's my two penny's wait... Would I round that down to 0?
Daniyaal
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Thats not what I'm saying though. Im talking about software updates and not processors. Maybe Samsung could at least provide 1 more year of update support. It's wasting our money and it's just not good service as Samsung is one of the biggest companies ever.
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I think the platform is robust enough now to support 3 years... it's a delicate balance between continued advancement and longevity... it does seem irresponsible that perfectly functional equipment is tossed into a landfill...maybe after three years, they should sell a security subscription for those that are interested in maintaining old yeller....just like your older car requires continued maintenance investment, you older device would require the same.
Jagators
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Pixel phones can have 3 yrs worth of software updates
0 Likes
Daniyaal
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, thats the point. Samsung should at least increase the updates to 1-2 more years.
0 Likes
Barroux
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I wish Samsung would at least give 3 years of updates
0 Likes